You can read below about my experience, roots in the community and love of Hamilton and Ward 1. Also I have responded to a number of questions that residents have sent in or asked directly - CLICK HERE.
But please let me tell you in my own words why I want to be your councillor - just click play.....thanks.
This city needs someone like Sandy Shaw.
No other candidate in Ward 1 has the longevity in this community, the proven commitment, and the business experience and governance skills to help run this city.
Sandy's accomplishments are many:
- 30 years of leadership experience for our community
- Current Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, First Ontario Credit Union
- Senior Planner, Social Planning & Research Council
- Senior research, United Way
- Elected first female Chair of First Ontario Credit Union, a $2.5 billion corporation
- Championed and created a micro loan programme to encourage and support local entrepreneurs
- Currently serving as Director on the Hamilton Arts Council and Equity Foundation for HW-District School Board
- Author of the first women & Poverty report in Hamilton
- Graduate, Charter Director, Conference Board of Canada & DeGroote School of Business
- Graduate, Executive Management, McMaster, DeGroote
- Recipient of the Woman of Distinction Award for Community Development and Social Activism, 2010.
This expertise and approach is what Sandy will bring to her role as your Ward 1 Councillor.
Sandy has deep roots in Ward 1. She raised her family here and now her grandchildren are growing up in the neighbourhood.
Sandy is running on a platform of sustainable and balanced growth, opportunity for youth and affordable neighbourhoods. She is caring, compassionate and committed. She's the kind of fresh new face we need on council.
Sandy Shaw. Shaw’s the One for Ward 1!